If you’re like me and upgraded to Windows 10, and realized you still need to install an old VMware vSphere Client 5.0 version, you’ll need to go through these steps to get it to run.
Download the version you want to use.
1. Right-click the installer
2. Click Properties
3. Select Compatability tab
4. Click Compatability mode, check the box “Run this program in compatibility mode for” and select “Windows XP Service Pack 3” from the menu.
5. Next check the box for “Run this program as an Administrator”
4. Click OK to save Properties
5. Now run the installer as normal
You should be good to continue to manage older VMware servers from your Windows 10 workstation.